After much thought, I decided creating a blog might be the easiest way to keep everyone updated on Jim and how things are going with all of us in general. We think of all of you so often, but don't necessarily stay in touch on a regular basis. Hopefully, this will help with sharing information on how Jim is doing, as well as some of our family adventures from time to time. I really have no idea what I'm doing, so be patient with me. :) Also, if you're not into it, please feel free to ignore (or delete. Again, not sure how this works.)
It may seem strange to you (since I'm such a "talker"), but I am apprehensive about getting started. I over analyze each thing I write, erase it and write something different. So.... as you're reading, please cut me some slack for errors, etc. It serves me right for being so critical of others' writing! Ha!
Now, to the main reason for the blog in the first place; an update on Jim. His last scans showed some enlargement and some new growth in his liver, but thank God, his lungs are now showing no tumor activity. This makes him a candidate for what's called "Yttrium Spheres". It is basically localized radiation "seeds" implanted directly into his liver, which can be more effective since it doesn't have to travel throughout your body. Like most medical stuff, we'll know more as we go along, but we travel to Tulsa this Friday, the 17th, for the preliminary stuff in prep for the actual procedure. They will basically run dye to "map" the arteries so they can insure that radiation goes where they want it to. The first of two procedures will take about a week and a half later. Other than some fatigue and just feeling yucky for a few days there's not a lot of side effects with these treatments. I will post more as we know it.
We are so grateful for all of your love, prayers and support! We will never be able to repay all the kindness each of you have shown us. Much love to you all!
thank you for trying the blog ... we wonder often, but hate to call for updates, knowing you have to repeat & re-tell ! will be watching for updates, and praying
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Bloggosphere, Vicky! And thanx for the update, too! I look forward to reading your writing...
ReplyDeleteGood job Vicky! :). Love the blog. Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great idea! Wanted to ask so many times but figured you probably get asked all the time and could use a normal conversation, that's if we were normal, lol.
ReplyDelete